Arc'teryx Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any way to glue back elastic band on Theta AR jacket cuff area?

4 posters

Go down

Any way to glue back elastic band on Theta AR jacket cuff area? Empty Any way to glue back elastic band on Theta AR jacket cuff area?

Post by mountmac Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:22 am

Hi,

The material that is glued and keeps the white elastic band taut around the wrist came off and now I have to avoid the white band when I put on the jacket. Is there any way I can glue back the seam so it keeps the white elastic molded to the inside of the jacket.

The same thing happened to the drawstring around the bottom of the jacket. Is there anyway I can glue that too or do I have to send the jacket to Arc?

Thanks.

mountmac

Back to top Go down

Any way to glue back elastic band on Theta AR jacket cuff area? Empty Re: Any way to glue back elastic band on Theta AR jacket cuff area?

Post by Dave Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:35 am

Sorry no experience with that. I would probably send back to Arc' for a free repair or replacement.

Dave
Admin

https://arcteryx.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Any way to glue back elastic band on Theta AR jacket cuff area? Empty Re: Any way to glue back elastic band on Theta AR jacket cuff area?

Post by K2 Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:54 pm

The inner cuffs are laminated with heat and pressure. I've tried various hem tapes and fabric grade heat tapes with limited success. You cant get the fabric to stayed glued together without the proper equipment.
Dave is correct in saying that you should contact Arc'teryx for a repair.

K2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan66 Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:39 pm

Back to the Bird!

Dylan66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down